Monday 13 August 2018

ANCIENT EGYPT- Games & the Nile (Junior I M)

Games

Fede: I'm bored.

Facu: I have an idea!

Juani: What idea?

Facu: We can go fishing.

Fede: No, I'm tired.

Facu: We can play tug-of-war!

Fede and Juani: Yes! That's a great idea!

(The children play tug-of-war and Juani loses)

Juani: I don't like this game. We can play with my toys.

(The children play with toys)

Juani: We can play a board game.

Fede and Facu: Yes!!

(The children play a board game and Juani wins)

Juani: Yes! I won!

Fede and Facu: It's unfair!

Fede: We can dance and I can play a song!

(The children dance while Fede plays the harp).

Fede, Facu and Juana: We can also tell a story!

Fede: Once music didn't exist. One day, one boy created a strange instrument. It made nice noises which are what today we call music.

Juani and Facu: Wow!

Fede: It's your turn, Facu!

Facu: Long time ago, one boy walked to the afterlife and saw a monster part-pig, part-ant and part-wolf! Aaargh!!(Shouting) And the monster ate the boy!

Juani and Fede: Oh no!!

Facu: Your turn, Juani.

Juani: Once upon a time, animals were civilised like people. One day, Mr Cat got angry with Mr Elephant and they had a fight! And the cat killed the elephant! That's why cats are so important!

Facu and Fede: Oh, wow!





The Nile

Facu: What do you know about the Nile?

Fede: I know a little bit about the Akhet.

Juani: Me too! It's when the river floods the valley from July to September. It leaves black land behind, which is very fertile. 

Fede: Yes, but if it flooded too much the crops can fail and the livestock die.

Facu: Yes! That's why my father uses a nilometre to measure the water level. 







No comments:

Post a Comment